Vonage Extensions helps you make calls from your mobile phone using your home Vonage service.
Vonage lets you to extend your home Vonage service to your mobile (can be a cell phone, a home phone, or an office number) by registering it as an extension. If you have Vonage unlimited international calling plan at home, then you can make use of that service from your mobile phone. Once you register your mobile phone as an extension, any call you place from your extensions phone number is free.
It means you shouldn’t wait until you’re home to call your family and friends in India, you are able to make international calls from your mobile for FREE if you have Vonage World Plan. This service works like a virtual calling card. The call is connected over the Vonage network.
It’s the best value for calling India. All Vonage plans include a Vonage extension.
How to Register an Extensions Number
- Log into your Vonage Account
- Click the Features tab and go to the Extensions section.
- Go to Extension section and Configure.
- Enter your cell phone number (non-Vonage U.S. phone number).
- Set 4 digit PIN
- Click Save
- Your 10-digit special access number is displayed in next screen.
After registering your extension, calling is easy:
- Dial the 10-digit special access number from your mobile phone( you can also use the any of the common access numbers listed here).
- Enter the PIN
- Dial the phone number that you want to call (use 011 + country code for international calls).
Vonage is scheduled to offer Vonage extension app for iPhone and Android devices, which will enable one-touch dialing directly from your contact list.