Canara Bank is one of the Big Four Banks of India, along with ICICI Bank, State Bank of India and Punjab National Bank.
Canara Bank offers Outward Remittance and Inward Remittance for residents in Middle East, UK, China, Hong Kong and other countries as part of its remittance services (Canbank EFT, RemitMoney, Western Union Remittances Scheme, SWIFT etc).
Residents of UAE, Bahrain, Oman, Qatrar, Saudi Arabia, UK, Hong Kong and China can make use of Canbank EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer Scheme) for making remittances which enables the beneficiaries of the remittance in India to receive the funds in their accounts with designated Canara Bank branches within 24 hours from the date of remittance.
Canbank EFT is available through the following Exchange Houses and Banks
- Al Razouki International Exchange Co LLC, Dubai
- Eastern Exchange Est., Doha, Qatar
- Al Fardan Exchange Co., UAE
- Bahrain India International Exchange Co., Bahrain
- UAE Exchange Centre, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Zenj Exchange Co., Bahrain
- Laxmidas Tharia Ved Exchange, Oman
- Musandam Exchange Oman
- Arab National Bank Riyadh Saudi Arabia
- Canara Bank London, UK
- Canara bank, Hong Kong
- Canara Bank, Shanghai, China
Canbank “RemitMoney” is a Web Based Remittance Service facilitates hassle free Remittances to Beneficiaries in India. Remiter can send money to Canarabank beneficiaries or to other Banks in India. Canbank have made arrangement with following Exchange Companies/Banks for effecting Remittances under REMITMONEY
Canbank RemitMoney is available through the following Exchange Houses and Banks
- Zenj Exchange co. wll, Bahrain
- Musandam Exchange, ruwi, Oman
- Al rostamani international Exchange , Dubai
- Habib Exchange co llc, UAE
- Lulu international Exchange LLC, Dubai
- Emirates india international Exchange , UAE
- UAE Exchange centre wll, Kuwait
- Al Razouki Intnl Exch. Dubai
- Eastern Exchange est., Doha, Qatar
- UAE Exchange centre llc, Abu Dhabi
- Laxmidas tharia & ved Exchange com llc., Ruwi, Sultanate Of Oman
- Kuwait Baharain International Exchange co., Kuwait
- Leela megh Exchange, Dubai
- Al ahlia money Exchange, bureau, Abu Dhabi
- Oman & UAE Exchange centre llc., Alhamria Sultanate Of Oman
- Al ansari Exchange Abu Dhabi
- Canara Bank, London,UK
- Canara Bank, Hong Kong
- Canara Bank, Shanghai, China
Canara Bank – Western Union Remittances Scheme(MTSS):
Canara Bank is one of the Western Union banking agents in india to facilitate Inward remittance service. Currently there are 1,290 Canara Bank Branches across India serves remittances under MTSS.
NRI’s wishing to send money using Wire Transfer/ SWIFT to make remittances in foreign currency to Canara Bank can do so by using Canara Bank’s Correspondent Banks.
List of Nostro Accounts Maintained by Canara Bank and it’s SWIFT codes
- JP Morgan Chase New York SWIFT: CHASUS33
- Bank of America, New York SWIFT: BOFAUS3N
- Citi Bank, New York SWIFT:CITIUS33
- Commerz Bank, Frankfurt SWIFT:COBADEFF
- Deutche Bank AG Frankfurt SWIFT: DEUTDEFF
- Societe Generale, Paris SIWFT: SOGEFRPP
- Canara Bank,London SWIFT:CNRBGB2L
- Credit Suisse,Switzerland SWIFT: CSFBCHZZ
- Bank of Montreal,Canada SWIFT:BOFMCAMZ
- Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken, Sweden SWIFT:ESSESSESS
- ANZ Banking Group Melbourne SWIFT: ANZBAU3M
- OCBC., Singapore SWIFT:OCBCSGSG
- Bank of America, Japan SWIFT:BOFAJPJX
- Danske Bank Copenhagen SWIFT: DABADKKK
- Canara Bank, Hong Kong SWIFT IHIFHKHH
Here are the service charges for Inward and Outward Remittances respectively in India. These facilities are available in most of the branches of Canara Bank.
- For remittance upto Rs. 10000 there is a charge of Rs. 50 per transaction.
- For remittance above Rs. 10000 there is a charge of Rs. 100 per transaction.
- For Remittance Inward Canara Bank charges Rs.50 per transaction