How do I wire transfer money to ICICI Bank in India?
You can wire money anywhere in the world to any ICICI Bank account in India using the following method( ICICI Wire transfer instructions and SWIFT details) .
Just walk into your local bank branch in any country and instruct them to credit money to ICICI’s relevant account held with their correspondent bank in the currency you want to send funds in. In case, if you send money in British Pounds, ICICI’s correspondence bank is JP MORGON GB or to send money in USD, ICICI’s correspondence bank is JP MORGAN CHASE, NEW YORK.
Instruct your local bank to mention “OUR” in sending bank charges column when they send the wire transfer ( otherwise correspondent bank may charge extra fee) and mention the ICICI Correspondent Bank and its SWIFT Code (see below table for name and codes)
Info required to initiate Wire Transfer to ICICI Bank
Here are the details you have to provide for sending wire to ICICI Bank in India,
- Name of Correspondent Bank – See below
- Swift Code / BIC (ICICI Intermediary bank Swift Code) – Note: The SWIFT code you are going to use is not an ICICI SWIFT code, it is ICICI’s correspondent bank code (All International wire transfers go through an Intermediary or correspondent bank before coming into ICIC, in this case you are using ICICI’s prefered correspondent bank code. This way you could avoid intermediary bank charges if any and delay– see below for the SWIFT codes)
- Bank Clearing Code (Intermediary bank) – See below
- Beneficiary ICICI Account Number in India
- Beneficiary ICICI Branch in India
Also you have mention Name, overseas bank account number, overseas address and Purpose of Remittance is mentioned in the wire transfer message.
To initiate a Wire Transfer in USD currency from your local Bank anywhere in the world to ICICI Mumbai, you have to provide the following details:
- Name of Correspondent Bank : JP MORGAN CHASE, NEW YORK
- Swift Code / BIC (ICICI Intermediary bank Swift Code – ) : CHASUS33XXX
- Bank Clearing Code (Intermediary bank) (Field 56): FED ABA 021000021
- Beneficiary ICICI Account Number in India: Beneficiary ICICI account number in India
- Beneficiary ICICI Branch in India (Field 57): ICICI Bank Ltd., Mumbai (India)
The SWIFT code / BIC of the ICICI correspondent bank is currency specific and is common for transfers to account with any ICICI Bank branch in India.
General SWIFT / BIC Code for any ICICI Bank in india is: ICICINBBNRI ( this code is common for ICICI bank all over india).
List of ICICI Correspondent Banks and SWIFT Code for International Wire Transfers
|Currency of remittance||Name of Correspondent Bank||Account Number||Swift code / BIC||Bank Clearing Code|
|USD||JP MORGAN CHASE, NEW YORK||400808595 USD||CHASUS33XXX||FED ABA 021000021|
|GBP||JP MORGON GB||24744501||CHASGB2LXXX||IBAN No.GB14CHAS60924224744501|
|EUR||JP MORGAN CHASE, FRANKFURT||6231605988||CHASDEFXXXX||IBAN No. DE91501108006231605988
BLZ 5011 0800
|CAD||ROYAL BANK OF CANADA TORONTO||09591-102-247-4||ROYCCAT2XXX||IBAN No. cc000309591|
|AED||EMIRATES BANK INTERNATIONAL||0004-809148-787||EBILAEADXXX|
|AUD||JP MORGAN CHASE SYDNEY||10039355||CHASAU2XXXX||BSB No. 212200|
|CHF||CREDIT SUISSE ZURICH||0835094601863000||CRESCHZZ80A||IBAN No.CH23 0483 5094 6018 6300 0|
|DKK||DEN DANSKE BANK COPENHAGEN||3996056694||DABADKKKXXX||IBAN No. DK0630003996056694|
|HKD||HSBC HONG KONG||511 639197-001||HSBCHKHHHKH|
|JPY||SUMITOMO MITSUI BANKING CORPORATION, TOKYO||4308||SMBCJPJT|
|NOK||DnB NOR Bank ASA||7002 02 04271||DNBANOKKXXX||IBAN No. NO4070020204271|
|NZD||ANZ National Bank limited||103705NZD00001||ANZBNZ22|
|SEK||NORDEA BANK SWEDEN AB, STOCKHOLM SE||3952 79 10226||NDEASESSXXX||IBAN No. SE163000000003952 7910226|
|SGD||JP MORGAN CHASE, SINGAPORE||111-87278-7||CHASSGSGXXX|
|SAR||SAUDI HOLLANDI BANK, RIYADH||031002177003||AAALSARI||SA15 5000 0000 0310 0217 7003|
|ZAR||STANDARD BANK OF SOUTH AFRICA LIMITED||7222151||SBZAZAJJ|
|QAR||COMMERCIAL BANK OF QATAR||4010-004124-003||CBQAQAQAXXX|
ICICI Incoming Wire Transfer Fee
ICICI will charge Rs 25 as Foreign currency conversion fee (inclusive of service tax) which will be deducted from the amount to be paid to the beneficiary.
[Source: ICICI Bank]