Indian Postal’s “Instant Money Order (iMO)” service allows you to send money to anyone within India. Money order is a more trusted method of payment than a personal check.
With Instant Money Order (iMO) service, sending money within India is easier, faster and more efficient than any other method, including bank-to-bank transfers( Instant Money Order (iMO) is a best option if your receiver doesn’t have a bank account ). You can transfer money from Rs 1,000- to Rs 50,000 from iMO Post Offices.
Do you also know you can also send money order from your home online anytime using ICICI Bank’s Smart Money Order.
Follow these simple steps to send money to anyone within India using Instant Money Order (iMO):
- Go to an iMO Post Office Counter location. Click here to find nearest iMO location to you.
- Fill the ‘To Remit Payment (TRP-1) form“. Give the filled form with the money that you want to send along with the Commission.
- You will be given a printed receipt with computer generated confidential 16 digit iMO number in a sealed condition.
- Contact the receiver in India and give the 16 digit iMO number to pick up their money any designated iMO post office counter
Receiving Instant Money Order (iMO) :
- Receiver has to fill up and submit a “To Make Payment” (TMP-1) form along with a copy of his personal identity proof (see the acceptable photo identity below).
- Receiver can receive the payment in cash below Rs 20,000
- Receiver can receive the payment in cheque only if the amount is Rs 20,000.
- Receiver can also receive the payment through his post office savings bank account in the same iMO office.
Acceptable Photo Identity
- Voter’s ID-Card
- PAN Card
- Ration Card
- Post Office Identity Card
- Driving License with valid expiry date
- Passport with valid expiry date
Commission Charges: Rs 150 to send Rs 1000 to Rs 5000; Rs 330 to send Rs 45001 to Rs 50000