However, if the sender were to give you the MTCN, which is the Money Transfer Control Number, which is clearly listed on his western union form
MTCN is the Money Transfer Control Number, it is a 10 digit number transaction number provided by western union after sender finishes the transaction. Sender should give the MTCN number to the receiver to receive money, It is a proof that you are the legitimate receiver of the money (You can find MTCN CODE in the senders transaction slip.).
Example: Western Union transaction slip with MTCN number.
Following is a summary of your transaction.
Your Money Transfer Control Number [MTCN] is: 9993093353
Please use this number for any inquiries.
- How to Track Western Union Money Transfer Status ?
- List of Identity proof to receive money using Western Union, MoneyGram in India
- Agent Locator for searching Western Union Agent in India
- Types Of Remittances permitted via Western Union, MoneyGram in India ?
- Send Money to India through Money Transfer Agencies